Saturday, October 31, 2009

Visit to Sungei Kadut and Nangyi Thoke for Dinner

Monsoon is here hubby said. It started raining yesterday and the weather has been lovely yesterday and today. No hot sun and cool wind is just gorgeous. I think I'm starting to appreciate the rain only because it cools down the temperature. So there was no air condition last night and no sneezing fits for me today. I loved it! 


Firstly, I made french toast for breakfast and hubby made the usual tea. We were up around 7:40 on a Saturday morning and it felt good to have plenty of time to do a lot of things around the house. Oh and I received a parcel collection slip during the week so we went to post office to pick up whatever the parcel was and only to find out that it was wrongly sent to me. It was actually supposed for Aud. After that since we were out hubby and me decided to do some grocery shopping. We bought:


Salmon
Chicken
Minced pork
Baby carrots
Baby asparagus
Less sodium soy sauce (to send for Dad, he's having high blood pressure lately))
Less sodium salt (to send for Dad)
Sofix Parquet wash
Less fat mayonnaise


We spent about S$69.50 for grocery. OH I found some HUGE custard apples and I told hubby that I must buy them. They were $5 for one and $9 for 2. So I bought 2 of them and 3 big pears. So guess what happened? 


I cooked lunch AND dinner!!!!


For lunch, pan fried salmon with steams baby carrots and grilled asparagus. 


For dinner, Nangyi thoke. (Burmese rice nooddle salad). My camera battery was dead so I promise to take pictures next time.


Around 3:00 we decided to go for a furniture hunt and we went to this infamous SUNGEI KADUT!!! It is supposed to be a stretch of factory outlets for furniture. 

Today's note : Patience is key for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment